April 4-6, 2024
The 2024 festival will be held at the Grand Hotel. This hotel is located at 1505 North Broadway, Minot, ND 58703, across from the Minot Airport. Please call the hotel’s direct line to make your reservation and receive the special room rate (701) 852-3161.
2024 Quilt Festival – Quilt Challenge Rules
Theme: Patriotic fidget quilt
- Crunchy item
- Patriotic fabric
- Roll-up for portability
- Quilting: must have three layers consisting of top, batting, and backing. Must be quilted.
No ties or false backs.
- Safety: all features must be safe for disabled children and elderly adults.
- Size: starting at 108” perimeter up to 168” perimeter (i.e., 22” x 32” up to 36” by 48”)
- Techniques: you may use any technique for the quilt top.
- Washable: must be machine washable.
Donation: You have the option of donating your fidget quilt after the festival. The recipient of the
challenge fidget quilts is:
Primary: Total Behavior Support (10 fidget quilts)
(Providing ABA Therapy for autistic children)
1015 S Broadway #15, Minot, ND 58701
Secondary: Northern Plains Children’s Advocacy Center (remainder quilts)
(Providing services to children victimized by abuse)
20 1st St SW Suite 202, Minot, ND 58701
- You Tube video. “Make a Fidget Quilt with Rob!” Man Sewing (Rob Appell) (18 minutes)
- You Tube video. “How to Make a Fidget Blanket” Jenn’s Creativity Corner (12 minutes)
- Printed Instructions with Photographs. “Making Fidget Quilts for Demetia Patients” Madam
- Printed Instructions with links for envelope or serge method, examples of quilted versions,
- machine binding tutorials, and making a felt flower. “Fidget Quilt Tutorial”. Central Virginia
- Modern Quilt Guild.
- Printed Instructions with Photographs. “Alzheimers Fidget Quilt”. By JodyGrawey, Autodesk